Final Reflective Blog

Image result for becoming  a teacher













To be honest I thought special populations was only the meaning of disability children, but through my semester in my special populations class has made it even more clearer with our text book called Multicultural Education in a Pluralistic Society by Gollnick and Chinn. I learned so much about the diversity, children who are bilingual or other first language children they speak and different dialects from different race or country, exceptional children, and twice exceptional children. The suburban, urban and rural areas where children are and how it affects children in their education, which some of them Students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. As a teacher I’ll respect each one of my students regardless of their ethnicity, culture or whether if my student is one of the LGBT community.

 For me it was an amazing class because I acknowledge so much and it can help me to build my career towards becoming a teacher. My understanding of special populations helped me gain ideas of building my curriculum and gain strategies on how to impact children in ever perspective way of discussing children about bullying and multiculturalism. I believe discussing this to my students can make my classroom a safe environment for them specially to the students who don’t feel safe at home. This can contribute children be proud of who they are and learn about peer’s culture and learn about the global culture. Having a safe environment classroom can impact students to learn and success academically.


I believe all students should be treated equity for all students achieve academically. “Making sure all students have equal access to resources is an important goal. All students should have the resources necessary for a high-quality education. But the truth remains that some students need more to get there” (Blair Mann). Not all students are academically in the same level or some students may have a disability, as teacher we must make sure all students are learning. Treating students, the same depends because students have different culture backgrounds. Some students may think a pad in back or touch on their head referring as a “good job”, students may t think is a disrespect. It is very important to be aware of the student’s culture and get rid of the stereotype in a classroom, as a teacher. It was an amazing experience learning so much in my special population class. Because of this class I believe I became more open minded of the youth and people. 

  • Mann, Blair. “Equity and Equality Are Not Equal.” The Education Trust, 14 July 2016, edtrust.org/the-equity-line/equity-and-equality-are-not-equal/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexual Orientation